AUGUSTA FUTURITY GENERAL INFORMATION
WELCOME TO THE 42nd ANNUAL AUGUSTA FUTURITY
THE LARGEST CUTTING EVENT EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
- The show went to an eight-day schedule - Saturday to Saturday - in 1989, covering two full weekends for the first time.
- Its inaugural show was three days, but that changed quickly, to four in 1981, five in 1982, six from 1983 through 1985 and seven from 1986 through 1988.
- From 1990 to 1993, it expanded to an 11-day schedule. The 1994 show returned to the popular eight-day format, and in 1995 it lasted nine days.
- The 1996 and 1997 shows returned to the eight-day format. Since 1998, the show has spanned nine days to accommodate the growing interest in Amateur classes.
- The number of competitors grew - and so did the prize money. The inaugural show's purse was $64,489, and it passed the $500,000 mark for the first time in 1990. An all-time high of $799,343 was reached in 1999.
- The show has had an annual economic impact of millions of dollars on the Augusta, Georgia area.
42nd Annual Augusta Futurity 2021
SHOW RULES & INFORMATION
Contests All Go-Rounds & Finals to be held at the Georgia National Fairgrounds 401 Larry Walker Parkway Perry, Ga. New venue.
4-yr old Futurity & 5/6 Year old Classic:
$90,000 added money to the Open classes to be prorated between the Futurity Open and the Classic Open.
$58,000 added money to the Non-Pro classes to be prorated between the Futurity Non-Pro and the Classic Non-Pro.
A contestant may show six(6) horses, 2017 foals, all breeds in the Futurity classes (4 yr old).
A contestant may show six(6) total entries in any combination of 5-year-old & 6-year-old horses 2015 & 2016 foals, all breeds in the Classic classes.
Non-Pro must qualify under NCHA Non-Pro rules.
The Open & Non-Pro Futurity and Classic classes will consist of one (1) go-round and finals. The top 25% plus ties (with a maximum of 24) will advance to the finals . Futurity and Classic Intermediate and Limit, & all Amateur levels must consist of 20 entries to have a working finals. Score of 0 or 180 will not advance to the finals. Finals may be combined as needed.
$200 advancement fee will apply for all Futurity & Classic finalists.
$150 advancement fee will apply for all Amateur finalists.
Entries accepted on a first-paid basis. Contests close when maximum numbers received.
Class Leveling will be used and defined as follows:
OPEN: Total LTE $750K or over
Open Intermediate: Total LTE $201K-$749,999
Open Limit: Total LTE $0-200K
Non Pro: Total LTE $500K or over
Non Pro Intermediate: Total LTE $100,001-$499,999
Non Pro Limit: Total LTE $0-100K
Amateur: Total LTE $100K or over
Amateur Intermediate: Total LTE $25,001-$99,999
Amateur Limit: Total LTE $0-$25,000
A rider may compete in any division he/she qualifies for as determined by the definition of an Open, Non-Pro and Amateur rider in the NCHA Rule Book. The levels within each division are based on rider total lifetime earnings at the beginning of the NCHA point year. There is NO distinction between Weekend and Limit Aged earnings. All earnings (i.e. senior, area work off, etc.) are included in a rider Total Lifetime Earnings.
Revolving Door: If a rider is NOT in the top 100 money earning riders for the previous 2 point year in ANY division, they may drop down into the intermediate.
Senior Exception: Once a rider turns 70, the rider may drop down into the Intermediate class regardless of earnings.
Earning Cap: Once an Amateur has won $250K in LTE, they MUST declare Amateur or Non-Pro. Once a Non-Pro has won $250K in Open LAE & Weekend money, they MUST declare Open or Non-Pro division.
A horse may walk to the herd 2 times. Any combined level entry will pay the higher cattle charge.
All levels within a class will run concurrently. A horse may walk to the herd two times in a class. More than two entries in a class must be combo. Combo entries will pay the Ef portion of the fee + the higher Cc/Oc + $250 processing fee. A horse may be ridden by only one rider per class. A horse may not run twice in the same set.
Futurity Open (4 yr old). $80K Added purse(prorated Futurity & Classic/Challenge Open). Ef$850+Cc/Oc$850-$1700. Open Intermediate $6,000 Added. Ef$675+Cc/Oc$675-$1350. Open Limit $2,500 Added. Ef$550+Cc/Oc$550-$1,100.
Futurity Non-Pro (4 yr old): $58K Added purse (prorated Futurity & Classic/Challenge Non-Pro). Ef$750+Cc/Oc$750-$1,500. $5,000 Added purse Non-Pro Intermediate. Ef$575+Cc/Oc+$575 -$1,150. $2,000 Added purse Limit Non-Pro. Ef$500+Cc/Oc$500-$1,000.
Futurity Amateur (4 yr old): $5,000 Added Ef$575+Cc/Oc$575-$1,150. Amateur Intermediate $3,500 Added Ef$550+Cc/Oc$550-$1,100. Amateur Limit $2,000 Added Ef$500+Cc/Oc$500-$1,000.
Classic Open (5/6 yr old). $80K Added purse(prorated Futurity & Classic/Challenge Open). Ef$850+Cc/Oc$850-$1700. Open Intermediate $6,000 Added. Ef$675+Cc/Oc$675-$1350. Open Limit $2,500 Added. Ef$550+Cc/Oc$550-$1,100.
Classic Non-Pro (5/6 yr old): $58K Added purse (prorated Futurity & Classic/Challenge Non-Pro). Ef$750+Cc/Oc$750-$1,500. $5,000 Added purse Non-Pro Intermediate. Ef$575+Cc/Oc+$575 -$1,150. $2,000 Added purse Limit Non-Pro. Ef$500+Cc/Oc$500-$1,000.
Classic Amateur (5/6 yr old): $5,000 Added Ef$575+Cc/Oc$575-$1,150. Amateur Intermediate $3,500 Added Ef$550+Cc/Oc$550-$1,100. Amateur Limit $2,000K Added Ef$500+Cc/Oc$500-$1,000.
Class Within Class. Gelding will be offered within each class/division. Senior will be offered within Amateur all divisions. Highest advancing. Ef$150+Oc$100 = $250.
- All entries are due paid in full by 5PM EST Wednesday, January 13, 2021 in order to be in the draw. Entries received after will ride last in set.
- Slots may be sold before said class begins. ALL PAYMENTS ARE FINAL. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS.
- Slots will be assigned on a first-paid basis. CONTESTS WILL CLOSE TO NEW ENTRIES WHEN MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES ARE RECEIVED OR WHEN THE 1ST HORSE RIDES TO THE HERD IN A CLASS.
- Credit card information MUST accompany faxed entries. Faxed entries MUST BE CONFIRMED by calling (706)823-3417.
- All entries must be accompanied by horse ownership papers and a current NCHA membership card.
Each owner & rider must be a member of the Atlantic Coast Cutting Horse Association. The 2021 membership of $25 payable with entry.
Stall fee of $155 (including 4 bags shavings). All stalls will be assigned & paid for on site. Stalls open beginning noon Friday January 15, 2021.
Practice works available beginning Saturday, January 16, 2021.
Written or faxed changes within the established event/division will be accepted from the slot owner after the draw until 1st horses walks to the herd in each class.
No changes will be allowed thereafter.
A five judge adjusted monitor system will be used in all classes. NCHA adjusted monitor system will be used.
The ACCHA Show Committee reserves the right to reject any entry. All decisions of the committee are final. The ACCHA reserves the right to cancel, transfer or reschedule the Augusta Futurity & Classic without notice and/or liability. In the event of a cancellation, all fees will be refunded.
All rules of the NCHA not in direct conflict with the rules of the ACCHA as published herein shall apply. These rules are subject to change by the Executive Committee.
PAYMENT OF WINNINGS:
Winnings will be paid to the owner of record unless otherwise directed by the owner in writing. Winnings checks will not be released without tax information on file.