AUGUSTA FUTURITY GENERAL INFORMATION
WELCOME TO THE 42nd ANNUAL AUGUSTA FUTURITY
THE LARGEST CUTTING EVENT EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
- The show went to an eight-day schedule - Saturday to Saturday - in 1989, covering two full weekends for the first time.
- Its inaugural show was three days, but that changed quickly, to four in 1981, five in 1982, six from 1983 through 1985 and seven from 1986 through 1988.
- From 1990 to 1993, it expanded to an 11-day schedule. The 1994 show returned to the popular eight-day format, and in 1995 it lasted nine days.
- The 1996 and 1997 shows returned to the eight-day format. Since 1998, the show has spanned nine days to accommodate the growing interest in Amateur classes.
- The number of competitors grew - and so did the prize money. The inaugural show's purse was $64,489, and it passed the $500,000 mark for the first time in 1990. An all-time high of $799,343 was reached in 1999.
- The show has had an annual economic impact of millions of dollars on the Augusta, Georgia area.